Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Vacancy Number: Biomedical Engineer
Post Title: Biomedical Engineer
Duty station: MoPH/ICU Project
Duration: 1 Year (Extendable)
No. of Post: 1
Announcing Date: 2022 /03 /6
Closing Date: 2022/03 /16
Background: The Ministry of Public Health is committed to improve the quality of hospital services at provincial and central level. The implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) in 56% of provincial and regional hospitals is considerable progress against this commitment. Recently the MoPH received fund from GoA to improve the quality of services in ICU and CCU of Kabul hospitals in order to provide timely and comprehensive emergency care. For smooth implementation of ICU project MoPH is looking for an experienced candidate as Biomedical Engineer.
- Develop a comprehensive Operation Plane for installation and maintenance of ICU equipments.
- Develop a Checklist for monthly check-up of ICU equipments.
- Regular check- up and mmaintenance of equipment according to the plan.
- Conduct orientation and training sessions to the ICU staff for best use of equipment.
- Conduct a need assessment for ICU equipment’s, develop equipment’s specifications list and recommend the best medical equipment for purchase.
- ensure that all ICU equipments are functioning and utilizing well.
- Participate in ICU internal biomedical engineers and technicians meetings and workshops.
- Work in close coordination with the ICU technical, administration and finance teams and promote the team work aspiration.
- Any other related duty assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Must be afghan nation
- Bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering or electric and electronic
- Degree must be attested by MoHE /relative administration
- At least (2) years of working experience in the field of hospital related biomedical engineering.
- Be familiar with government and donors’ administrative procedures.
- Proven ability to plan, implement and organize complex activities related to biomedical engineering.
- Excellent written, spoken and reading skills of English, Pashto and Dari languages.
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is:, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification