Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Background: The Ministry of Public Health is committed to improve the quality of hospital services at provincial and central level. The implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) in 56% of provincial and regional hospitals is considerable progress against this commitment. Recently the MoPH received fund from GoA to improve the quality of services in ICU and CCU of Kabul hospitals in order to provide timely and comprehensive emergency care. For smooth implementation of ICU project MoPH is looking for an experienced candidates as Finance officer.
Jobs and Responsibilities:
The Finance officer reports to the ICU Finance Specialist and ICU project coordinator. The Finance officer role is to assist the ICU team specially ICU Finance Specialist and ICU Project coordinator in the management of a transparent, effective and efficient finance and procurement process for all material resources in support and managing overall accounting and financial control systems for ICU project and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards. In addition, the Finance officer will manage preparation of allotments and Payments, all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation of project activities and support programs. Specific areas of responsibility include Preparation of M-16, M13, M12, M10, M3, PO, CF, B 23, B3, B10 and other MoF forms for eligible payment
Financial report preparation, review and submission to ICU Finance Specialist and Project Coordinator. He/she will be under the direct supervision of and report to the ICU Finance Specialist and ICU Project coordinator. Develop the required rules and regulation to ensure a secure and transparent financial management
Principal Duties and Tasks
- Prepare daily expenses vouchers and processing them & maintain proper supporting documents for all financial related data and record them in the relevant file.
- Prepare M-16, M13, M12, M10, M3, M2, M20, M41, M38, PO, CF, B 23, B3, B10 and other MoF forms for eligible payment and keep track of ICU Project budget allocation and actual expenditure with coordinator to finance teams.
- Maintain and update accounting and financial control systems in accordance with Afghanistan Government and/or donor regulations, including the verification of reasonable, allowable and allocation of expenses) and ensure ICU project financial transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as stipulated by and in accordance with applicable ICU project financial management policies and procedures.
- Manage the preparation and submission of the ICU project monthly expenditure reports, ensuing that they are accurate, complete and submitted to accounting office according to the designated submission dates.
- Prepare and submit ICU project fund projections ensuring that they are accurate and complete.
- Ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded in electronic accounting system and that ICU project accounting and procurement standards, procedures and policies are followed and implemented.
- Open and maintain the appropriate number of local bank accounts required for project financial needs, ensuring that all bank and cash transactions are conducted in accordance with the established procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of regular payroll and all other scheduled and intermittent payments authorized for staff, consultants, subcontractors, vendors and other payees.
- Develop and implement plan for monitoring all project-related funds, including the design and management of internal audits and financial reviews.
- Maintain a close coordination with all the senior staff on financial matters and advise them, as appropriate, on issues requiring their attention.
- Interact directly with ICU project procurement and contracting, and grant staff in the proper presentation of billings and invoices, providing instruction and review as required for the proper execution of project financial management policies.
- Work in close collaboration with the ICU project coordinator for project budget and expense planning, projection, monitoring to provide data as required for program management.
- Any duties assigned by Finance Specialist and ICU Project Coordinator.
- ICU Project.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Bachelor, Master Degree is Preferred.
- working experience Minimum 2 years for Master degree and Minimum 5 years for Bachelor degree
- Computer literate: working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of at least one common accounting programme
- Good working knowledge of English written and spoken
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mojib Rahimi, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-700991056
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mojib Rahimi ) for confirmation.
No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Instruction for test and interview:
The test and interview will be taken from the following references:
1. Main points of the TOR.
2 Government Accounting/Procurement and Tax Manuel
3- Accounting Manuel
4-International Accounting Standard (IAS), International Accounting Reporting (IAR)
Submission Emails: email@example.com