Senior Technical Specialist
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Post Title: Senior Technical Specialist
Vacancy Number: Sen/Technical/Sp/ICU
Organization: ICU Project/GDCM/MoPH
Duty station: MoPH
No of Post: 1
Announced Date: 2019/10/23
Expire Date: 2019/11/07
Job Profile Description:
The Ministry of Public Health is committed to improve the quality of hospital services at provincial and central level. The implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) in 56% of provincial and regional hospitals is considerable progress against this commitment. Recently the MoPH received fund from GoA to improve the quality of services in ICU and CCU of Kabul hospitals in order to provide timely and comprehensive emergency care. For smooth implementation of ICU project MoPH is looking for an experienced candidate as Procurement Assistant.
- Within four weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for implementation in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality
- Provide an overall Technical support to the ICU Project in implementation of the project in selected hospitals
- Establish an effective mechanism of Management and coordination with all hospitals and relevant departments and stakeholders
- Assist in gathering and analysis of information from all relevant hospitals and communicate with them the project related decisions for better coordination
- Advise technically and coordinate senior level meetings to analyses obtained results periodically
- Assist the relevant department to review and develop required policies as per the needs of the project
- Assist in preparation of project implementation works plans and build better coordination and communication mechanism with ministries
- Assist all the hospitals in generating necessary reports as required and compiling the report and submit it to project coordinator
- Ensure to transfer required knowledge and skills through training sessions and on the job training for the project staff
- Work with the project coordinator on substantive and technical issue that will contribute to managing and coordinating the implementation and monitoring of project, and ensure that all staff fulfills their responsibilities
- Planning and analysis, report writing, developing database and knowledge networks
- Provide support for workshops and training programmers.
- Assist in all aspect of project management.
- Manage information flow to meet all reporting requirement
- Arrange appointments, meeting and travel of project coordinator
- Perform the primary and regular need assessments in nominated ICU
- Prioritize their needs and development a work plan for the capacity building
- To improve the hospital management team skill and capacity on HMIS and Narrative reports
- . Any other duties assigned by supervisor as required.
- The technical Consultant would report to the project coordinator on all project related issues.
- Submit yearly and monthly activity plan to the project coordinator.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Medical Degree from a recognized University
- At least 7-year experience.
- Excellent knowledge in MS Word and Excel
- Fluent knowledge of English in written and spoken
- Excellent negotiating and communicating skills
- Good team player
- Knowledge and experience in internet/ website research.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel), email and able to easily navigate Internet Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Very good drafting ability and communication skill.
- Ability to travel to all Provinces in Afghanistan.
- Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
Main point of TOR.
Basics of Management.
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org