Technical Head (Paktia)
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Vacancy Number: Technical Head (Paktia)
Job Title: Technical Head (Paktia)
No. of Post: 1
Location: Paktia Regional Reference Lab
Duration: One Year Extendable
Sex: Male /Female
Duration: One Year (extendable)
Reporting to: Provincial Health Director/CPHL Lab project Manager
Announcing Date: 2019/08/03
Closing Date: 2019/08/18
The MoPH has been launching GF-HSS funded Lab Project through the Central Public Health Lab (CPHL) under the Directorate of Diagnostic Services (DDS) to functionalize PCR, ELISA, Bacteriology culture services at regional/provincial levels laboratories, in compliance with national standards and support national programs of TB, HIV/AIDS and Malaria.
The candidate of this position will be working under the provincial health directorate (PHD) in Paktya regional reference lab with close collaboration GF-HSS lab project manager in Kabul. He/She will work project related activities which are necessary for the establishment of lab network in the country.
Scope of Services:
The candidate will be part of regional lab team that coordinate and provide technical support to GF-HSS lab project activities in regard to functionalizing PCR, ELISA, Bacteriology culture and general part of lab services for regional, provincial and peripheral level labs at southern region.
- This position has functional responsibility for PCR, ELISA and the Microbiology including general lab parts at the regional reference lab of Paktya and 5 provincial labs ( Paktya regional hospital lab, Khost, Paktka and Ghanzai provincial laboratories that provide bacteriology services). He/She is also responsible for the development and growth of their Afghan team, maintaining internal and professional partnerships, and assisting with the development and implementation of local and regional quality improvement initiatives within their laboratory and for the greater benefit of all Lab Network in Afghanistan.
- Provides technical support to the GF-HSS regional , provincial levels staff or focal points, in coordination of regional reference lab activities with National Public Health Lab (NPHL/CPHL) to establish a well-developed lab network in the country;
- Coordination of Regional/Provincial level labs activities with the Central Public Health Lab (CPHL);
- Assist and implement a region-wide laboratory trainings program for laboratory technicians (specifically focusing on laboratory diagnosis of TB, Malaria and the screening of blood for HIV and other blood-borne diseases) and harmonizing the program with HSS-GF lab team;
- Keep inventory and stock reports as per the project requirements for laboratory equipment, consumables and materials for the sake of well functioning of regional lab ( ELISA, PCR, Bacteriology) and provincial Lab ( Bacteriology) established units;
- Submit quarterly stock report of Paktya RRL and update the inventory as per the available formats;
- Assist GF-HSS central level team for selection of staff to attend capacity building programs through proper channel;
- Technical support to the established units (PCR, ELISA, Bacteriology and others) and be able to support EQA for getting acceptable scores, as per EQA guideline;
- Diagnosis lab equipment malfunctions and sharing with CPHL director for getting assistance of biomedical team to repair or do the preventive maintenance;
- Coordinates lab activities with relevant provincial Lab focal points in term of training, supply, quality control;
- Exchanges communication and correspondences among the Line Departments of the Ministry of Public Health ( National TB Control Program, HIV/AIDS and NMLCP), Paktya public health directorate and the CPHL team for synergizing the efforts;
- Prepares monthly and quarterly progress reports and submit to GF-HSS lab manager;
- Be able to travel to the targeted provinces for the follow up of lab activities/programs;
- Any other tasks relevant to the regional lab coordination requested by the CPHL director /WHO or UNDP team and GF lab project manager.
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor degree in medical laboratory;
- At least 2 years of working experience in the field of coordination;
- Knowledge, abilities & skills of using medical lab equipment/techniques
- Proficiency in English
- Good skill of computer in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good team player
- Functionalize PCR, ELISA and Bacteriology units at the RRL of Paktya
- Establish Lab Network at Southern eastern region and develop reporting system with the central public Health lab in Kabul;
- Establish a well working environment with respected PHDs, Lab team, HSS-GF lab team in Kabul;
- Mange regional and provincial lab activities: functionalizing, SOPs, Trainings, Biosafety, Lab equipment/supplies management and the inventory/stock reports.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
- Hand Book on TB Laboratory diagnostic methods (EU)
- Basic Laboratory Procedures in Clinical Bacteriology (WHO)
- Monica Chessbrough Part 1&2
Submission Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org