Hostel Assistant Kandahar
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
Deputy Ministry for Administrative and Financial affairs
GD of Human Resources
Ghazanfar Institute of Health Sciences
Title of position: Hostel Assistant Kandahar
No of Vacancy: Hostel Assistant /Kandahar
Report to: Kabul HSC program officer
Grade: According to NTA salary scale Announce Date: 2019/12/1
Closing Date: 2019/12/14
There is mal-distribution of health care providers between and within provinces, and between urban and rural areas of Afghanistan. This leaves the peripheral health facilities and remote areas understaffed. The main reasons given for this situation were poor working, living and social conditions; security concerns; a lack of educational facilities for children; and poor transportation.
The MoPH recognized and urged the shortage of female health professionals. Meanwhile, to tackle these issues the HRH Policy 2014-2018 has also emphasized the production, deployment and retaining a well-trained gender-balanced health workforce, possessing the skills needed to deliver affordable and equitable health services to the population of Afghanistan
Nowadays, Afghans are facing a lot of health and social problems that are the result of the war, unemployment, malnutrition, forced marriage, under aged marriage, addiction, gender based violence, chronic diseases i.e. HIV/AIDS, TB , Malaria , Cancer and so on . Therefore, the consequences of these situations need to be addressed their psychological and social aspects.
So far EU with technical assistant of NGOs has trained around 600 psychosocial counselors. These counselors received short training courses on psychosocial issues, and are not enough to address the current needs of health facilities and other relevant stakeholders. Since the majority of them were male, thus The HSC students will be female.
According to the Institutes of Health Sciences Strategy (2016-2020) and based on needs of the country GIHS is establishing a new department of Health Social Counseling. The establishing of this department is align with the National Health Strategy of Ministry of Public Health and BPHS .This new health professional will be trained to address the needs of the communities both rural and urban.
Health Social Counselors will receive a two year training and diploma in Health Social Counseling and work as team members in health facilities.
They will deal with those who suffer psychological and social problems as the result of the above mentioned diseases and civil unrest.
At the moment, 105 HSCs are selecting to be trained from 2018-2020. GIHS and Kandahar IHS will provide training and accommodation facilities for 70 and 35 HSC trainees respectively. By 2020 diploma holders HSCs will fill most of the vacant positions of Comprehensive Health Centers (CHC) in Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist HSC Program Officer to facilitate maintenance, repair, renovation, alterations in hostel
- Ensures the accomplishment of all the planning and work necessary to clean and operate hostel
- Provides instruction, direction, and supervision to workforce involved in the hostel and kitchen
- Maintains a file of all inspections conducted, deficiencies noted and corrective actions taken.
- Prepares and submit daily and night shift duties schedule of guards/cleaners
- Assist the IHS dorm manager in all issues related to residents of dormitory
- Serve as a primary personal counseling resource for students in dealing with specific dormitory problems
- Helps student adjust to Center life and encourage favorable relationships among dormitory residents.
- Respond promptly to illness, emotional trauma, interpersonal problems and/or maladjustment to Center life.
- Encourage student participation in the training Programs.
- Assists in conducting dorm meetings.
- Conducts bed checks, takes morning attendance and updates the student/employees’ files in Office.
- Maintains a running log of events and significant incidents and briefs incoming shift.
- Supervises student/employee housekeeping duties and maintains a clean orderly atmosphere.
- Inspects dormitory areas.
- Ensures cleanliness, safety, and attractiveness.
- Promotes a positive work environment through the use of good social skills and application of Core Values
- Prepares and submit daily hostel reports
- Performs all other duties assigned.
- Bachelor degree with 3 year experience in Hostel Management, Administration , Operation , Finance , HR or high school graduate with 5 year experience
- Excellent Dari and Pashto and good communication in English languages is an asset
- Should have excellent computer skills
- Effective communication and problem solving skill
- Good team player
- Good interpersonal/human skills
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references:
- د ملکي خدمتونو اداري مربوطې پوښتنې
- Main points of the TOR
Submission e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org