ICU Project Coordinator
جمهوری اسلامی افغانستان
وزارت صحت عامه
ریاست عمومی منابع بشری
Post Title: ICU Project Coordinator
Duration: 1 Year (Extendable)
No. of Post: 1
Sex: Male/ Female
Announcing Date: 2020/09/28
Closing Date: 2020/10/05
Background: The Ministry of Public Health is committed to improve the quality of hospital services at provincial and central level. The implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) in 56% of provincial and regional hospitals is considerable progress against this commitment. Recently the MoPH received fund from GoA to improve the quality of services in ICU and CCU of Kabul hospitals in order to provide timely and comprehensive emergency care. For smooth implementation of ICU project MoPH is looking for an experienced candidates as Project Coordinator:
- All matters related to the MoPH ICU project that arrive at the MoPH General Directorate of Curative Medicine (GDCM) desk (related to follow up of e.g. logistics, financial issues, coordination and problem solving).33s
- Primary responsible to follow up on the project success in reaching performance targets as stipulated in the contract
- Prepare a work plan for the implementation of the project
- Prepare with relevant MoPH departments the job description for national consultants as suggested in the project goal.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the project in selected hospitals
- Closely coordinate activities with the General Directorate of Curative Medicine and other relevant departments
- Advice the General Director of Curative Medicine on all matters pertaining to the ICU Project
- Compile the quarterly reports coming from the selected hospitals into one integrated quarterly project progress report
- Report to the Executive Board on the project progress if requested
- Responsible for the compilation and submission of drug, equipment and other necessary items procurement lists from the project to the grant and contract management unit
- Attend all planned meetings in the General Directorate of Curative Medicine
- Responsible for ensuring that all MoPH policies and technical guidelines will be implemented
- Responsible for regular Supervision and Monitoring of all reporting ICU departments
- Responsible for Technical and clinical Capacity building of ICU staff
- The consultant will report regularly to the General Director of Curative Medicine
- Project progress reports have to be prepared on quarterly basis and compile reports from all hospitals involved.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- The coordinator should be an Afghan national.
- Graduate from a recognised Medical Faculty with PGD in Anaesthesia/Intensive care or Emergency Care
- At least five years working experience in the field of Anaesthesia/Intensive care or Emergency care
- At least two years working experience in the field of management (especially in the field of Anaesthesia/Intensive care or Emergency Department management).
- Master degree in Management/Public Health is preferable
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good working knowledge (written and spoken) of English
- Computer literate: MS Word, Excel and Power Point
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr.Ahmad NAwid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai) for confirmation.
No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Submission Emails: email@example.com