ICU Project Coordinator
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
Post Title: ICU Project Coordinator
Location: Kabul with travel to province
Duration: 1 Year (Extendable)
No. of Post: 1
Sex: Male/ Female
Announcing Date: 2021/3/3
Closing Date: 2021/3/12
Background: The Ministry of Public Health is committed to improve the quality of hospital services at provincial and central level. The implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) in 56% of provincial and regional hospitals is considerable progress against this commitment. Recently the MoPH received fund from GoA to improve the quality of services in ICU and CCU of Kabul hospitals in order to provide timely and comprehensive emergency care. For smooth implementation of ICU project MoPH is looking for an experienced candidates as Project Coordinator:
- Overall leadership and management of ICU project at country level.
- Preparation and management of Technical, Procurement, logistics, financial, plan.
- Primarily responsible to follow up on the project success in reaching performance targets as stipulated in the contract
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual work plan for the implementation of the project
- Prepare with relevant MoPH departments the job descriptions for national consultants as suggested in the project goal.
- Ensure smooth implementation of the project in hospitals with ICU wards
- Closely coordinate activities with the General Directorate of Curative Medicine and other relevant departments
- Advise the General Director of Curative Medicine on all matters pertaining to the ICU Project
- Compile the quarterly reports coming from the selected hospitals into one integrated quarterly project progress report
- Responsible for the compilation and submission of drug, equipment and other necessary items procurement lists of the project
- Regularly attend relevant meetings in the MoPH and in other sectors
- Responsible for ensuring that all MoPH policies and technical guidelines are implemented
- Responsible for regular supervision and monitoring of all ICU departments activities
- Responsible for Technical and clinical capacity building of ICU staff.
- The consultant will report regularly to the General Director of Curative Medicine
- Project progress reports have to be prepared on quarterly basis and compile reports from all hospitals involved.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- The coordinator should be an Afghan national.
- Graduate from a recognised Medical Faculty (MD)
- Postgraduate education/training in any clinical disciplines or public health (MPH)
- At least seven years of work experience in the field of health management
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good working knowledge (written and spoken) of English
- Computer literate: MS Word, Excel and Power Point