Immunohistochemical Stains (IHC) Interpretation Consultant/Histopathologist
Job Title: Immunohistochemical Stains (IHC) Interpretation Consultant/Histopathologist
Announcing Date: 2021 / 05 /26
Closing Date: 2021 /06 /06
- Devise and direct use of Immunohistochemical stains (IHC) and Immunofluorescence (IF) methods for isolating, identifying, and studying function, morphology, and pathology of obscure or difficult-to-identify cells and tissues.
- Devise and direct use of Special stains (PAS, GMS, Reticulin, Trichrome, Sudan Black, etc.) and methods for isolating, identifying, and studying function, morphology, and pathology of obscure or difficult-to-identify cells and tissues.
- Examine tissue under microscope to detect characteristics of cell structure indicative of disease and writes diagnostic reports.
- Train and oversee laboratory personnel in preparing tissue sections or prepares tissue sections from IHC cases as well as surgical and diagnostic cases.
- Contribute to the selection of IHC equipment and selection of technical methods.
- Have responsibility for continuing care of all staff in his/her charge and undertake associated administrative duties.
- Take part in research to develop techniques for diagnosing and identifying pathological conditions.
- Support and contribute postgraduate teaching and participate as a recognised clinical teacher in teaching Laboratory Science on site to undergraduate medical students.
- Participate in current and any relevant future Quality Assessment Schemes and Proficiency Schemes.
- Sign out all the reports of cytology, histopathology and Immunohistochemistry-associated cases.
- Examine blood smears/slide preparations for the detection of blood diseases.
- Accurately read and interpret the results of bone marrow aspiration and trephine biopsy with the help of special stains and IHC stains.
- Integrate instrument data, quality control and test principles for accurate result reporting.
- Ensure the proper collection and analysis of laboratory data; enter, retrieve and process computer generated laboratory reports.
- Perform procedures for quality control and quality assurance of tests performed in the section.
- Supervise and oversee the development and provision of educational programs that address the teaching and practical training of the students.
- Manage and supervise the administrative and operational activities of the Program.
- Monitor all academic and didactic activities of participating students.
- Evaluate accomplishments of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods such as class tests and assignments.
- Prepare a monthly and an annual report on the activities of the Program.
- Keep records regarding all activities related to the Program and ensure the confidentiality of records and information regarding resident's examinations.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to the students in the subject of Pathology.
- Conduct and supervise practical training in the subject of Pathology.
- Make purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide effective teaching strategies for the students.
- Encourage student enthusiasm for the learning process and the development of good study habits.
- Evaluate the students within his/her teaching assignment and provide progress reports as required.
- Demonstrate a strong grasp of subject matter by using effective oral & written expression and by keeping current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory.
- Assist on the ongoing curriculum revision process, including the revision of written courses of study.
- Continue professional growth through attendance at workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Cooperate with the administration and Program Director/other program directors in planning appropriate in-service training programs.
- Confer with students on course materials; directing dissertations, theses; directing individual and group studies and practice; reviewing written examinations and papers; supervising independent study projects.
- Take active part in student recruitment, retention, and placement efforts.
- Take active part in clinico-pathological meetings.
The successful candidate should have medical education teaching experience at graduate and post-graduate levels. A minimum of five years’ experience as a faculty member or experience of teaching pathology students and working as a consultant pathologist in a clinical laboratory of a reputable hospital is required. Experience in curriculum development and educational program administration is highly desirable. Evidence of involvement in surgical pathology service work, teaching and resident supervision is required. Areas of faculty expertise in the department include haematopathology, blood banking/transfusion medicine, molecular pathology, clinical chemistry and laboratory management. The candidate will have excellent communication skills and knowledge of written/spoken English and excellent clinical laboratory skills to provide technical and administrative support for the smooth functioning of Clinical Laboratory. Development of research and other scholarly activities are also expected. Experience with system, including Microsoft Office applications like Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access is highly desirable.
Qualifications: Candidate should be a medical doctor having a post-graduate qualification from abroad, in the subject of Histopathology, Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Special stains, Immunofluorescence (IF) and Haematology, like FCPS (Pak), FRCPath (UK), Board Certification/American Board of Pathology, and PhD from a recognized university or institute. Candidates with any of the above-mentioned qualification with at least 2-3 years of experience in the mentioned specialties would be preferable.
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease 10th edition
- Sternberg’s Diagnostic Surgical Pathology 6th Edition
Submission Guidelines:Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hard copy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail.
The Contact Person at Human Resources is:, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer)
No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
Submission Emails: email@example.com