Laboratory Technician (Paktia)
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Vacancy Number: Laboratory Technician (Paktia)
Job Title: Laboratory Technician (Paktia)
No. of Post: 1
Location: Paktia Regional Reference Lab
Sex: Male /Female
Duration: One Year (Extendable)
Reporting to: Provincial Public Health Director /CPHL Lab project Manager
Announcing Date: 2019/08/03
Closing Date: 2019/08/18
The MoPH has been launching HSS-GF funded Lab Project through the Central Public Health Lab (CPHL) under the Directorate of Diagnostic Services (DDS) to functionalize PCR, ELISA, Bacteriology culture services at regional/provincial levels laboratories, in compliance with national and international standards.
The candidate of this position will be working under the directorate of Paktya Public Health. He/She will work project related activities which are necessary for the establishment of lab network in the country.
The candidate for this position will be part of regional lab team that perform Bacteriology culture services including TB culture and quality improvement programs/services for regional lab of Paktya.
He/She will be performing all tasks underlined for this position under the direct supervision of public health director (PHD) with collaboration of HSS-GF Laboratory Project team at the CPHL-Kabul/technical head of RRL.
Scope of Services:
The candidate will be part of regional lab team that implement HSS-GF lab project activities for functionalizing Bacteriology culture unit including TB culture and quality improvement programs/services at the regional lab of Paktya.
- To functionalize Bacteriology unit including TB culture at Paktya regional reference laboratory;
- To ensure proper quality diagnosis as per the scope of NTP and GF-RSSH;
- To closely work with GF-RSSH lab team and support all the available units at the above mentioned laboratory.
- Functionalize and enhance Bacteriology culture services including TB culture of the Reference Laboratory of Paktya;
- Perform Culture testing for Bacteriology including TB Culture services according to the SOPs available on sputum, serum, stool and other fluids recommended in the available guidelines, developed by GF-HSS team and NTP (National TB control Program);
- Record and report information and complete documentation required for standard reporting ;
- Receive samples, log them in the sample database and store the samples at the appropriate temperature;
- Adhere to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) guidelines and CPHL laboratory rules and regulations;
- Work safely and carefully and be aware of bio-safety and bio-security concerns;
- Record all results accurately and ensure all computer-based files are saved and stored in a secure manner;
- Perform all QC/QA assurance procedures as required and keep accurate records of the lab results.
- Take part in lab training for the broadening of scope of work for Bacteriology or General lab section;
- Work as all rounder for supporting RRL team in Haematology, Biochemistry, Microscopy or any other related established services at the RRL of Paktya;
- Perform any other tasks requested by the respected director of Hospital, and GF-HSS Lab project manager.
Qualification and Experience:
- Belcher degree in Medical laboratory;
- 1-2 years practical experience in the field of TB culture laboratory
- Ability to travel to the provincial level labs for conduction of laboratory trainings and implement quality control programs for labs under HSS coverage in southern region provinces;
- Be able to read, write and understand English language
- Basic computer skills ( MS word, MS Excel, MS PPP )
- Nationality: Afghan
- Gender: Any
- Functionalize Bacteriology /TB culture unit at Paktya RRL ;
- Perform bacteriology culture tests and TB culture (if the unit was established) in Patya RRL and provide the results on timely manner;
- Provide general lab services (hematalogy, Serology, Biochemistry or any other section ) based on rotation with RRL team of Paktya
Submission Guidelines:(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
- کتاب مدیریت مبادی صحت خواجه میر اسلام سعید
- Basic Laboratory Procedures in Clinical Bacteriology WHO
- Monica Chessbrough Part 1&2
Submission Emails: email@example.com