Pediatric ward in charge
Logar - Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Post Title: Pediatric ward in charge
Organization: MoPH/GDCM/ICU Project
Location: Naayeb Aminullah Khan Logari Hospital
Duration: 1 Year (Extendable)
No. of Post: 1
The Pediatric Unit In-charge is responsible but not limited for overall management of ward technical activities including managing of Unit staff, administrative activities, Monitoring of IP System and technical in-service and off service training of staff.
- Ensure proper provision of intensive care services for the patients and in the areas outlined above according to service need.
- To provide and to assist with the delivery of care to patients with serious illness
- To support continuity of elective & emergency services during period of Specialist of leave.
- To support the emergency and critical care services out of-hours through participation in duty outside normal hours(especially during mass causality)
- To undertake professional development activities, audit and engage in performance appraisal.
- The post-holder will be encouraged and supported to develop specialist areas of practice in line with service requirements
- The post-holder will be responsible to Lead Clinician Care in Pediatric Unit.
- The post-holder will be expected to manage all patients.
- The post-holder is responsible to attend and perform official duty and prohibited to undertake private clinical duties during official time.
- Pediatric Unit In-charge is responsible for training of current and newly hiring staff.
- Develop procedure protocols take place in the Pediatric Unit.
- Manage all administrative activities.
- Attend relevant meeting as required.
- Provide weekly, monthly and yearly reports to Hospital In Charge as required
- Any other duties assigned by Project as required.
Report to: Line Manager
Subordinates: Unit staff
Qualifications & Requirement:
- MD degree attested by MoHE
- Specialization degree in Pediatric attested by MoPH or MoHE
- At least one year post specialization related experience
- One year experience in the field of health care management (background in Hospital Management is preferable)
- Basic knowledge of English Language
- Good knowledge of national languages
- Good Team leader
- Strong Communication Skills
- Good Computer skill (MS Office)
- Skill for Drafting and developing of Treatment Guidelines
- Ability to work under pressure and perform multiple tasks
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.