Part of Administration
Job Title: Provincial Technical Advisor
Vacancy Number: P/T/Advisor/Panjshir
Number of Post: 1
Announcing Date: 05/Mar/2019
Closing Date: 18/Mar/2019
The Afghanistan health system has made considerable progress and the health indicators have also significantly improved over the period of 2003-2017. The key enablers for the improvements have seen in the health sector are strong local stewardship, development of sound and stable policy frameworks, prioritization of investments in primary care and implementation of BPHS and EPHS. The BPHS and EPHS have been implemented through NGOs in 31 and the MoPH Strengthening Mechanism in remaining 3 provinces. Sehatmandi project mainly finances the BPHS and EPHS implementation across the country for 3 years - July 01, 2018 to June 30, 2021. In order to manage the health program effectively, the project finances the system development and stewardship functions of the MoPH though support of short-term technical assistance and supports the contractual staff required for implementation of project activities.
Scope of services
The BPHS (Basic Package of Health Services) and EPHS (Essential Package of Hospital Services) are implemented in Parwan, Panjshir and Kapisa provinces. Therefore, the consultant should directly report to SM head and liaises the BPHS and EPHS activities with the provincial public health director. He/she will assist the provincial public health director in implementing BPHS and EPHS policies in the stated provinces through a well design and on time plan, support and strengthen regular supervision and sound control to improve health status of population in target provinces.
Furthermore, he/she will coordinate the project activities at provincial level and ensure the project activities are also well coordinated at facility level.
To provide full time assistance for the provincial health directorate team and provincial health director in technical, financial, procurement, and management activities including coordination of efforts with partners and central MoPH departments and donor agencies
- Assist the PHD in all matters related to the MOPH-SM that at the PHD’S desk (related to the follow up of e.g. logistics, financial issues, coordination and problem solving).
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the BPHS in MOPH-SM provinces;
- Needs to work closely with the MOPH-SM finance consultant.
- Attend the quarterly MOPH-SM meeting in the central provinces.
- Advise the PHD on all matters pertaining to the MOPH-SM/
- Assist the PHD in all issue pertaining to the PHD’S JD.
- Compile the quarterly reports from MOPH –SM province and submit the draft report to the PHD for his approval.
- Assist the PHD in organizing the monthly PHCC meetings and be responsible for producing the minutes of the meetings.
- Responsible for the completion and submission to the PHO of the drug and equipment’s procurements lists from MOPH/SM.
- Should follow up on the CB plan for PHO staff.
- Should attend the weekly (provincial health management team) meeting and responsible for producing the minutes of these meetings.
- Should attend the weakly provincial buying committee meeting.
- Should follow up all planned construction activities in MOPH/SM provinces.
- Assist the PHD in implementation all MOPH policies and technical guidelines in MOPH/SM province.
- Ensure follow up on the construction program in MOPH /SM province.
- Ensure that the vertical program in integrated to their maximum possible extend to horizontal program.
- Will liaise with UN agencies and NGOS at the provincial level.
- Should be in field (outside the PHO) at least ten days per month
Qualifications and experience:
- Having Medical doctor degree from a recognized university
- Work Experiences: Minimum of three years’ experience of working with government, NGOs or UN agency in the field of health management / health trainer/ health supervisor.
- Very good working capacity of MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Excellent written and spoken Dari and Pashto.
- Good working knowledge of English written and spoken.
- Result oriented and achiever mentality.
- Excellent negotiating and communicating skills
- Conducted at least 10 days per month field visit of BPHS/ EPHS of the health facilities
- All related meeting (PHCC, health facilities monthly management, provincial health management team, provincial buying committee meeting) conducted in a regular bases.
- ensure that all medical and non-medical supply to the health facilities provided on quarterly basis
- Monthly activities report submitted to PHD on a regular basis
- Quarterly project progress report submitted to SM head
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR.
Phone number: +93-(0)-707777734
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
- Health management book ( NPHI)
- BPHS guideline
- EPHS guideline
- Supervision monitoring and evaluation
Submission Email: email@example.com