Provincial Technical Officer DRP Khost Technical Orthopaedic Centre
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Vacancy Number: Provincial Technical khost
Post Title: Provincial Technical Officer DRP Khost Technical Orthopaedic Centre
Organization: MoPH Disability and Rehabilitation Program
Reporting to: DRP-MoPH Manager
Location: Khost Technical Orthopaedic Center
Duration: 6 months (Extendable)
No. of Post: 1
Sex: (Male &Female)
Salary: According to NTA Salary Scale
Announcing Date: 2021/5/22
Closing Date: 2021/6/3
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability and Rehabilitation is one of the key components of Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) and Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS). The physical rehabilitation services are providing at districts hospitals, provincial hospitals, regional and national specialized hospitals, beside these interventions 23 specialized physical rehabilitation centres are functional at 17 different provinces and providing prosthetics, orthotics, physiotherapy, mobility aid devices in order to restore the functional abilities of person with disabilities and integrate them into society.
Due to the enormous needs for the physical rehabilitation services in the country Technical Orthopaedic Centers has established by MoPH to provide physical rehabilitation services (Prosthetics and Orthotics, artificial limbs, mobility aid devices and physiotherapy services to the physical disable. The said Centres become functional with the technical and financial support of Disability and Physical Rehabilitation project in 1389. Disability and Rehabilitation project is national project funded by National Development Budget (Discretionary fund) of Ministry of Finance. This project is run under the direct management of disability and Rehabilitation Program, Ministry of Public Health. Under this project physical rehabilitation services (Prosthetics, Orthotics, Physiotherapy and Mobility Aid Devices) are providing for person with Physical Disabilities in order to integrate them into society and make them positive contributor to the national development.
Provincial Technical Officer will work closely with physical rehabilitation team of Khost Orthopaedic Centre and Provincial Public Health Directorate to achieve the plan goal and facilitate the technical work of the provincial team. Technical officer will be responsible to keep record of all equipment’s, tools, materials and other project assets. He will also provide technical support to the team through implementation of technical standards in order to provide quality physical rehabilitation services to person with disabilities. He will report to the Program manager.
- To work under the line management of the Disability and Rehabilitation Program Manager the Provincial Technical Officer will perform the following duties
- Managing clerical, administrative, clinical, and professional staff
- Supervising the day-to-day management of the Disability and Physical Rehabilitation Project staff at Khost Orthopaedic Centre.
- Develop annual work plan for the physical rehabilitation centre/ Khost Orthopaedic Centre in collaboration with Provincial Public Health Directorate and Provincial Directorate of Labour Social Affairs, Martyred and Disable, Disable People Councils and physical rehabilitation team of Khost Orthopaedic Center.
- Ensure the quality aspects of the prosthetics, orthotics and physiotherapy activities.
- Ensure the all the centre activities are according to the plan and mandate of the Physical Rehabilitation Centre/ Orthopaedic Centre.
- Facilitate on job appropriate training for the staff of Orthopaedic Center.
- Oversee, monitor and guide the implementation of daily production activities of orthopaedic devices (Prosthetics and Orthotics), mobility aids according to the professional Prosthetics, Orthotics and Physiotherapy standards.
- Ensure documentation of patient assessment and treatment by Physiotherapists, Technical Orthopaedist.
- Ensure the patient records keeping procedures are considered in all section of the Physical Rehabilitation Centre/ Orthopaedic Centre.
- Assessing the clinical and non-clinical competence of staff as part of a person centered approach
- Assessment of the patient, prescription of the appliances together with physio therapist’s supervisor.
- Supporting the team to prepare treatment plan for the physical disable people.
- Helping the technical team in costing, modification, alignment and finishing of the artificial limbs and assistive devices.
- Participate in the observational gait analysis and contribution to the gate training of patient after they receive appliances
- Keep record of all patients and beneficiaries of Khost Orthopaedic Centre.
- Play actively role to train bench workers or helper in basic related services in on job training.
- Good communication and coordination with technical team.
- Take care of machinery and tools of orthopedic workshop
- To participate in the orthopaedic workshop weekly meetings.
- Support the team to conduct quarterly inventory and report to the procurement team of Disability and Rehabilitation Team.
- Collection of technical report from the staff and supervise the activities of the admin and technical staff.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annually statistic and narrative report of the workshop activities and shared with central office/ Disability and Rehabilitation Project.
Any other duty at the service of the project and the organization, as requested by his/ her line manager
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Graduated from a recognized medical faculty/ allied health sciences preferably from Physiotherapy/ Technical Orthopaedics
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with NGOs/ Int Orgonazation/ Govt.
- Skill on proposal writing
- Good Oral and written knowledge of English language and national languages
- Knowing the MS office programs of computer and emailing
- Extremely flexibility in working under pressure and hard situation
- Management and reconciliation skill (according to existing status)
- Interpersonal relation and creation of sound work relation.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Submission Email: email@example.com