Basics and Psychosocial Counseling Master Trainer for HSC Kandahar
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
Deputy Ministry for Administrative and Financial affairs
GD of Human Resources
Ghazanfar Institute of Health Sciences
Title of position: Basics and Psychosocial Counseling Master Trainer for HSC Kandahar
No of Vacancy : 004
Number of position : 1
Gender: Male / Female
Report to: Course Coordinator
There is mal-distribution of health care providers between and within provinces, and between urban and rural areas of Afghanistan. This leaves the peripheral health facilities and remote areas understaffed. The main reasons given for this situation were poor working, living and social conditions; security concerns; a lack of educational facilities for children; and poor transportation.
The MoPH recognized and urged the shortage of female health professionals. Meanwhile, to tackle these issues the HRH Policy 2014-2018 has also emphasized the production, deployment and retaining a well-trained gender-balanced health workforce, possessing the skills needed to deliver affordable and equitable health services to the population of Afghanistan
Nowadays, Afghans are facing a lot of health and social problems that are the result of the war, unemployment, malnutrition, forced marriage, under aged marriage, addiction, gender based violence, chronic diseases i.e. HIV/AIDS, TB , Malaria , Cancer and so on . Therefore, the consequences of these situations need to be addressed their psychological and social aspects.
So far EU with technical assistant of NGOs has trained around 600 psychosocial counselors. These counselors received short training courses on psychosocial issues, and are not enough to address the current needs of health facilities and other relevant stakeholders. Since the majority of them were male, thus The HSC students will be female.
According to the Institutes of Health Sciences Strategy (2016-2020) and based on needs of the country GIHS is establishing a new department of Health Social Counseling. The establishing of this department is align with the National Health Strategy of Ministry of Public Health and BPHS .This new health professional will be trained to address the needs of the communities both rural and urban.
Health Social Counselors will receive a two year training and diploma in Health Social Counseling and work as team members in health facilities.
They will deal with those who suffer psychological and social problems as the result of the above mentioned diseases and civil unrest.
At the moment, 105 HSCs are selecting to be trained from 2018-2020. GIHS and Kandahar IHS will provide training and accommodation facilities for 70 and 35 HSC trainees respectively. By 2020 diploma holders HSCs will fill most of the vacant positions of Comprehensive Health Centers (CHC) in Afghanistan.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for availability of resources used during theoretical sessions
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions
- Supports the students throughout the program and offers counseling on personal or study related problems
- Monitors attendance of students and keeps record updated.
- Administer evaluation tools
- Assists with maintaining personnel files for all students including record of theoretical knowledge assessment
- Participates in meetings, report writing and dissemination of information related to the program as requested
- Participates in professional development opportunities to ensure that current best practice standards are used in teaching practice.
- Assign student to specific units in practical sites
- Select conference topics
- Conduct pre and post -conference with students in practical sites
- Provide individualized practical instruction
- Demonstrate practical counseling procedures
- Observe student performance during practical work
- Provide feedback to students
- Preparation and maintain student attendance records, examination results
- Act as advisers to student to deal with social and academic issues.
- Monitor the students to assess their level of competency and any other areas that need to be improved and records this as the Evaluation of Student’s practical Performance.
- Notifies the Course Coordinator of any concerns related to the students.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor degree (MD, Nurse, Psychology) with 4 years teaching experience in relevant field
- Certified psycho-social counselor trainer approved by MoPH will be an asset.
- Fluent in Pashto/Dari, and working knowledge of English
- Computer literate; MS Word Excel and power point
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mojib Rahimi, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-700991056
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mojib Rahimi ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references:
- د ملکي خدمتونو اداري مربوطې پوښتنې
- IMC Training Methodology
- فشرده مبادي مدیریت امور صحي ( بشیر نورمل )
- د روان زیان پیژندنې د روزنیزو سرچینیو ټولګه ( د عامې روغتیا وزارت د رواني روغتیا او مخدره توکو د راکمولو آمریت )
- بسته آموزشي حرفه مشاوره رواني- اجتماعي برای مشاوران رواني اجتماعي موظف در کلینیک های BPHS ( دیپارتمنت صحت رواني )
- Main points of the TOR
Submission e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MoPH Strategic Plan 2011-2015