Off- Budget Officer
Ministry of Public Health
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Aid Coordination and Health System Strengthening (GAVI-HSS)
Post Title: Off- Budget Officer
Organization: Ministry of Public Health (MoPH)
Location: Health System Strengthening Directorate
Duration: 1 Year (extendable)
No of Post: 1
Sex: Male/Female (female staff are encouraged to apply)
Salary: NTA Salary Scale
Announcing Date: 2021 / 07 /28
Closing Date: 2021 /08/7
Aid Coordination and Health Systems Strengthening Initiatives (AC&HSS)” is a newly established directorate, which was previously working as the HSS unit, which was mainly managing two grants (Global Fund and Gavi) and supporting the technical MoPH departments to implement the activities and also build the capacity of the respective departments. Afterwards, it has been realized that there is a profound need to upgrade the HSS unit to an authorized directorate to coordinate and create synergies among the different donor-supported projects and ensure that all activities are in line with the strategic goals of the MoPH. The newly established AC&HSS directorate is responsible for coordination and facilitation of Gavi, Global Fund, SEHATMANDI and off-budget projects within the MoPH.
Despite impressive progress in health system development and services delivery, Afghanistan still faces tremendous challenges in provision of equable quality health care. In addition to security and dependency on external support, challenges such as improved access to health care, up grading the skills of service providers, weak demand for services utilization, and gaps in stewardship role of the ministry such as properly monitoring the system at all levels, are example of these challenges. In order to strengthen the system and address the bottlenecks, the Global Alliance on Vaccination and Immunization (GAVI) and the Global Fund (GFATM) opened an opportunity to fill the gaps and strengthen their health systems.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Communication with relevant departments and donors regarding Off-budget data collection.
- Assist with development of a comprehensive MIS for all donor-funded projects
- Preparing report and documentation
- Keep track of all corresponding (internal and external) communication related to AC & HSS Directorate
- Writing Off-budget related Meeting Minutes
- Recording and tracking Health-related MoUs data into the database.
- Following up on MoUs with IRD.
- Membership of the committee to address current coordination challenges between BPHS implementers and off-budget projects
- Play a supportive role as a secretary to High Level Oversight Health Committee Meeting
- Coordinate and update development partners on Covid-19 status in the country
- Managing relationship with MoPH authorities and donors
- Collect information on requirements for the management of donor funds – as needed for guideline development (this includes communication with the respective development partners)
- Liaise with off-budget donors and collect information according to database requirements
- Enter data into databases
- Map available off-budget funds
- Implementation guidelines developed for all donor-funded projects under the responsibility of the AC&HSS directorate
- A comprehensive database of the off-budget MoPH projects under AC&HSS directorate (including tracking tool for project progress and mapping of available off-budget funds)
- A format for monthly reporting and at least one completed monthly report on a pilot basis
- coaching/on the job training implemented for capacity building of AC&HSS staff
- A mission report by each NKE, using the TCPH standard mission report template, will be submitted to the TCPH team leader a minimum of one day before the final day of the TA contract.
Qualification and Selection Criteria:
- A Bachelor Medical or health related Degree
- At least 4 years related experience
- Experience in data collection and information gathering desirable
- Must be capable of data entry into Excel sheets
- Experience in report writing, documentation and filing
- must be familiar with Afghanistan public health system, MoPH policies and structures
- working experience in the MoPH would be a big asset
- previous experience in communication with donors and MoPH departments would be an asset
- must have presentation skills; own training experience would be desirable
- very good command of written and spoken English
- Dari and Pashtu fluent
- IT competence (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Submission Email: email@example.com