Finance and Operation Manager
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Vacancy Number: Finance and Operation Manager
Post Title: Finance and Operation Manager
Organization: MOPH - ANPASH
Location: Kabul / MOPH
Duration: One year extendable
No. of post: 1
Sex: Female or Male
Salary: According to NTA Salary Scale .
Announcing Date: 2019/08/21
Closing Date: 2019/09/02
HIV/AIDS situation in Afghanistan
Afghanistan experiences a low-level HIV epidemic, UNAIDS estimates 7,200 people living with HIV in Afghanistan in 2018. Cumulatively, the program has identified 2,733 HIV cases. While overall prevalence is low (<0.1%) in the general population, the HIV epidemic disproportionately affects PWID. (HIV prevalence ~4.4%, ranging from 0.3% in Mazar-i-Sharif to 13.3% in Herat) (IBBS 2012). The similarities between the HIV-1 subtypes in Afghanistan and Iran, suggest that strains have been circulating between the two countries through the returning of the Afghani refugees who also injected drug. Among other key populations at risk, HIV prevalence was 0.7% among prisoners, 0.4% among MHRB, and 0.3% among WHRB in 2012. So far, 2733 HIV positive cases had been reported until the end of 2018 . Now, it aims to strengthen the capacity of public , NGO, ad private medical workers and manager for the HIV response , according to national strategies and policies for better quality of care among all national health care providers , including BPHS , EPHS ,private health care providers, and NGOs. The ANPASH wishes to recruit a Finance and Operation Manager to increase capacity for operational and financial management and implementation of the HIV response in the country.
Scope of Work:
The Finance and Operation Manager is responsible for overseeing general aspects of Administration Human Resources (HR), Finance, Logistics operations including procurement, asset and transportation management of Global Fund grants under ANPASH
To make sure that all the financial management issues of the finance agreement signed between Afghanistan Government ( MOF) and the Global Fund are fully understood and properly followed and addressed by MOPH.
- Assessing and following the updated financial policy of Global Fund ANPSH within MOPH.
- Working closely with Ministry of Finance (MOF) regarding the smooth implementation of Global Fund ANPSH grants in line with the government rules and regulations and Global Fund financial policy and requirements.
- Supervise and manage the financial management of Global Fund ANPASH grants within MOPH, to maintain proper financial records in order to produce on time quarterly financial reports and hoc management report.
- To work in coordination with MOPH internal audit department to ensure that the MOPH internal audit performs the auditing of the GF grants ( PR and SRs) on regular basis.
- Review the financial documents of the GF ANPASH grants , related departments of MOPH for accuracy and compliance with Afghanistan laws and the donor requirements.
- To communicate and coordinate between LFA , MOPH related departments and DBD , health care finance directorate regarding the financial management issues of the project.
- Ensuring that an accounting Software is maintained and used on regular basis for the project expenditures and financial reporting requirements.
- Assisting the PHOs for the on time transferring of the provincial advances to the respected provinces through the Mustofiates ( MOF provincial branches) for the better running and operation of the programs in the provinces in case necessary .
- To make sure that the installments from the PR to the projects SRs are transferred on time and based on the contracts requirements.
- Staff salaries , project related reimbursable payments , payments for project stationary , office materials , payments to the project related suppliers and any other eligible expenditure of the project are paid on time and as per the all parties requirements.
- Support ANPASH admin officers and assistants to set up filing system and make sure all files are maintained in order and up to date.
- Supervise the Logistics supply management issues of the program and serve as a focal point to the PR.
- Implementing NTA and Processing of NTA within the Ministry, MoF and to PR.
- Processing travel and supervision documents within MOPH and to the PR.
- To contribute in developing guidelines for Procurement, Supply Management & Sop's.
- Any others tasks assigned by Line Manager.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Graduated from Economic Faculty or having Masters of business Administration ( MBA) from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years work experience in the field of finance management and administration with GIROA, NGOs or UN Agencies.
- Computer skills ( Ms word , Excel, Access ) knowledge of data base and Quick Book accounting software is preferred .
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with Afghanistan Financial Management System ( AFMS) and government & UN procurement system.
- Excellent knowledge of English, Pashto and Dari (written, spoken and understanding).
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr.Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
- Main Point of TOR
Submission Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org