General Surgery Specialist
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Vacancy Number: General/Su/Spe/ICU
Post Title: General Surgery Specialist
Organization: MoPH/ ICU/Shaikh Zayed Hospital
Duration: 1 Year (Extendable)
No. of Post 2
Salary: As per the project salary range
Announcing Date: 18/11/2019
Closing Date: 02/12/2019
Submission Email: email@example.com
Responsibilities of Emergency Care Unit Specialist includes but not limited to regular check-up of admitted patients and completion of its history, physical examination, laboratory investigation management and treatment, participation in in-service training and training of new employees and trainees.
- History taking and completion of related documentations for admitted patients.
- Perform complete physical examination of patients as per their need.
- Advice, completion and accurate interpretation of laboratory and radiology exams according to patient’ needs and relevant guidelines and forms.
- Conduct regular patient visit as needed.
- Make accurate diagnosis of patient’s illnesses in consideration to history, physical exam and laboratory exam findings.
- Advice and manage treatment of admitted patients as per diagnosis and patient’s needs.
- Ensure that the Emergency Care procedures are applied for patients.
- Counseling, managing and follow up of critically ill patients according to patient health status.
- Assist in data collection according to data collection method and tools.
- Participate actively in the training of new employees and trainees.
- Follow up of specific standards, protocols, procedures, rules in regulations during daily works.
- Built his/her self own capacity and participate in training session assigned for.
- Provide preventive and primitive counseling in emergency Unit to the patients and clients
- Attend Night shift duty when assigned.
- Participate actively in the infection prevention of Emergency Unit and hospital.
- Perform other related tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Reporting to the Hospital in Charge.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Medical Degree attested by MoHE
- Specialization degree in general Surgery attested by MoPH or MoHE.
- Strong communication skill.
- Good interaction and pleasant behavior with patients, clients and colleagues.
- Very good knowledge of Pashto, Dari and English Language (written and spoken).
- Basic computer (Ms. Office) skills.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
Schwartz Principles of Surgery
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org