GFCU- HR Officer
Ministry of Public Health
Directorate of HSS and Aid Coordination
Global Fund Coordination Unit (GFCU)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Post Title: GFCU- HR Officer
Location: MoPH/HSS/ Global Fund Coordination Unit (GFCU)
Duration: 1 year, extendable
No of Post: 1
Sex: Male/ Female
Report to: GFCU Coordinator
Salary: Grade D, Step negotiable as per NTA salary scale
Publish Date: August 24, 2019
Expiration Date: September 5, 2019
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GF) supports programs focusing on HIV, TB and Malaria as well as aiming to strengthen national Health Systems. As part of the Global Fund health programs in Afghanistan, there is a focus during 2018-2020, on developing capacity for the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH). In Afghanistan, the Ministry of Public Health is the PR and key implementer of the Global Fund grants, working alongside Civil Society groups. As per the future plan of MoPH for the grant and GF program, MoPH try to develop the functional capacity of the program including but not limited to the HR function. The HR officer is expected to initiate a competent potential inside the GFCU to enable MoPH and the leading unite of GFCU to meet the expectation of GF for a PR-ship role from day today and ensure routine HR management and development of the grant are in line with MoPH HR rules and law and donor requirements.
Scope of work: The officer is expected to play the leading role in establishing the capacity inside the MoPH/GFCU unit for meeting the donor requirement for the function of HR in line with government rules, law, procedures and SoPs. The consultant is going to ensure that day to day HR operations of MoPH are in line with approved budget, donor requirements, approved plans of departments, government rules and law.
The HR officer is going to work closely with relevant departments to develop the required procedures, SoPs, guidelines and other relevant tools and documents inside the unit and system of MoPH HR not only for HR management but also for HR development and retention.
- Review the already related existed and developed MoPH and GFCU relevant documents and literatures and ensure a proper day to day HR functioning system for the grant.
- Participate in all related HR panels, particularly, for Global Fund grants.
- Implement and support in developing standard tools, SoPs and other required documents as per donor requirements and government relevant rules and law.
- Develop an annual action plan for HR management, HR development and retention.
- Ensure, document and implement the day to day recruitment of the HR as per donor requirements, government rules and approved budget and plans of the grant and relevant departments.
- Develop a costed Operational Plan to address the training needs and its implementation in the given grant and relevant departments.
- Ensure proper implementation of HR government and donor requirements and rules and laws and report timely basis.
- To meet and provide HR requirements to relevant departments.
- Prepare and implement HR profile for all GF related grants staff and departments.
- Keep track of attendance, appraisals, resignations, terminations and recruitment records and filing systems.
- Prepare, review and record the job descriptions and job posting and plan to finalize the recurrent processes on timely basis.
- Support visa services, work permits and other related issues.
- Any other relevant task assigned by GFCU coordinator.
Expected Deliverables and Outputs:
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree in public health or BBA with 4-year experience in related field.
- Good communication skills
- Good team work spirit
- Ability to work with diversity
- Language skills: Fluent in written and spoken Pashto/Dari and English
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail .
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mojib Rahimi, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-700991056
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mojib Rahimi ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Instruction for test and interview:
The test and interview will be taken from the following references:
1. Main points of the TOR.
2. Dr. Mir Islam Book, MoPH Strategy and Policy.
Submission Emails: email@example.com