GFCU Technical Assistant
Ministry of Public Health
Global Fund Grants/Program Coordination Unit
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Post Title: GFCU Technical Assistant
Organization: Ministry of Public Health (MoPH)
Location: Global Fund Grants/Program Coordination Unit
Duration: 1 Year (extendable)
No of Post: 1
Sex: Male/Female (female candidates are encouraged to apply)
Salary: National Technical Assistance (NTA), Salary Policy (Grade E)
Publish Date: August 24, 2019
Expiration Date: September 5, 2019
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society.
The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is, therefore, critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Thus, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care.
The Global Fund Coordination Unit (GFCU) manages the Global Fund and cof-finance projects for TB and HSS departments to strengthen the health system of the country. The GFCU has a dedicated team under the Aid Coordination and Health System strengthening Directorate stationed in MoPH. Currently, there is a need for GFCU technical assistant who will have below tasks and responsibilities and requirements:
Under the overall supervision of the GFCU Program coordinator, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Liaising with national programs/departments, government offices and non-government agencies for smoothly Coordinating events as necessary to implement technical issues. -
- Coordinating logistics for meetings, workshops, seminars of GFCU Grants inside/outside of the office. Follow up the grants recruitment process within MoPH relevant departments including human resource directorate with proper filling of each staff separately
- Developing and maintaining meetings schedules/minutes and other required information in a database.
- Keeping track of all correspondence and communication related to GF Grants within MOPH as well as other organizations.
- Following-up with requesting units/departments on their procurement requisitions, ensuring that all requirements are met, up to delivery, acceptance and payment
- Maintaining supply inventory and office equipment as needed with tracking the inventory procured by GF Grants to concerned departments
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Proper schedule use of vehicles and maintaining the route and quarterly estimation of the fuel consumption, and other small expenses and scheduling the timely services and maintenance of vehicles
- Making sure letters/requests/peshnehads are properly written and processed to related departments processed
- Making sure minutes of the meetings are well-recorded and documented as evidence
- Having proper filing hard and soft system for all grants to timely track all relevant data, information and documents
- Assisting in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Perform other related tasks assigned by line supervisor.
- Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree in public health, public Administration or BBA.
- Confirmed 3 years working relevant experience in public health
- Excellent writing skills in local national languages (Dari and Pashto).
- Fluency and professional writing ability in English
- Strong computer skills.
- Good and strong communication inter-personal skills.
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail .
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mojib Rahimi, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-700991056
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mojib Rahimi ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Instruction for test and interview:
The test and interview will be taken from the following references:
1. Main points of the TOR.
2. Dr. Mir Islam Book, MoPH Strategy and Policy.
Submission Emails: email@example.com