Hospital Technical Consultant
Ghazni, Zabul, Ghor
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
The Ministry of Public Health is committed to improve the quality of hospital services through the implementation of the Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) the EPHS will complement the Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) and establish an effective referral system. Currently MoPH has been implementing EPHS in three regional and eight provincial hospitals through Hospital Reform Project. For providing technical and management assistance to EPHS smooth implementation. Hospital Reform Project is looking for an experienced candidates as hospital technical consultant.
Title of position: Hospital Technical Consultant
Number of position: 3
Duty Station: Ghazni,Regional , Zabul and Ghor Provincial Hospital
Report to: Hospital Reform Project Coordinator
Open Date: Jan 30, 2020
Support Provincial / Regional Hospital to implement successfully the reform and the Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS), build the capacity of key Hospital management and service delivery staff; provide technical support in the process of hospital reform as well as development and implementation of hospital standards.
- To introduce the EPHS and hospital reform managerial procedures, role and regulation to the nominated hospital management and service delivery staff
- Assist the hospital management team for developing of hospital plans (operation, strategic and capacity building) and make sure its implementation
- Provide technical support to the hospital management team on performing of the baseline and follow up assessments as well as support them to develop action plan according to existing gap.
- To conduct managerial training for hospital management team at least one per quarter
- To assist medical director for developing and preparing of drugs and medical equipment list and specification
- To develop checklist for hospital internal supervision / wards round visit, find gaps and propose possible solutions to hospital management team
- Assist / Facilitate Quality Improvement Committees (QICs) on making action plan, regular meeting, follow up assessments and mentoring
- To evaluate the third party result of hospital, find out weak points of technical units and develop plan for improvement
- Support the hospital management team in problem solving and decision making.
- Support the hospital management team on conducting hospital community board meeting, weekly management meeting, and technical meetings and proceed minute.
- Assist hospital management team to prepare hospital monthly HMIS , quarterly and annual reports and submit it to HRP relevant units
- Provide technical support to hospital management team to actively attend the HRP coordination and annual planning meetings
- Provide technical support to the management team in the process of staff appraisal, inspection of medical equipment’s, medicines and renewables
- Perform any other task given by central reform office
- Afghan Nationality
- Medical Doctor Degree from a recognized University ( Medical Doctor have Master of Public Health is preferable)
- Five years working experience in public health management particularly in hospital management
- Having knowledge and skills of conducting training sessions and on the job training
- Computer literate: Excellent knowledge in MS Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of English in written and spoken
- Excellent negotiating and communicating skills
- Good team player
Output Indicators over to next 12 months:
- Annual hospital operational plan developed and at least 80% implemented
- Four management training sessions have been conducted
- Four Quarterly, 12 monthly HMIS reports are prepared and submitted to the HRP
- At least 80% of weekly hospital management meetings have been conducted and minutes are available
- One internal assessment and a external assessment of hospital carried out by his / her active participation
- Two HRP meetings (annual and coordination) attended
- All technical staff appraisal completed and document is recorded
- Third party result weak points highlighted and improvement plan developed
The interested candidates should submit an application letter in English detailing the reasons why the applicants consider him or her to be suitable for this position. This application letter should be accompanied with a Curriculum Vita and names of tow references and send to the HRD of MOPH, Great Ahmad Shah Mssoud Squer, Kabul.