Senior Finance Specialist
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Post Title: Senior Finance Specialist
Vacancy Number: Sen/Finance/Sp/ICU
Organization: ICU Project/GDCM/MoPH
Duty station: MoPH
No of Post: 1
Announced Date: 2019/10/23
Expire Date: 2019/11/07
Job Profile Description:
The Ministry of Public Health is committed to improve the quality of hospital services at provincial and central level. The implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) in 56% of provincial and regional hospitals is considerable progress against this commitment. Recently the MoPH received fund from GoA to improve the quality of services in ICU and CCU of Kabul hospitals in order to provide timely and comprehensive emergency care. For smooth implementation of ICU project MoPH is looking for an experienced candidate as Procurement Assistant.
- Assist the MOPH/GDCM/ICU PROJECT Budget Committee in the preparation of Budget Request
(Budget Proposal) for submission to the MoF based on the fiscal year Budget Timetable.
- Attend budget meetings/hearings for the deliberation of Budget Request (Budget Proposal) and
Liaise with MoF Budget Department.
- Coordinate and provide technical finance assistance to the provincial ICU in the preparation of
Their annual Work Plan and Budget and consolidate the plan for approval To MOPH/GDCM/ICU
Budget Committee and/or Senior Management and submission to, MoF.
- Monitor activity budget and expenditure of Intensive Care Units and Provincial ICU and provide
adhoc budget and allotment report as needed.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual Budget and Allotment Report.
- Maintain appropriate coordination and liaise with the MOPH/GDCM /ICU PROJECT
Management and MoF for budget related concerns Ensure the maintenance of appropriate filing
System (hard and soft copies) for budget related financial information such as approved program
Budget, allotment request, approved allotments; and budget and allotment report and other budget
Related financial reports.
- Prepare of Annual Financial Plan of the project;
- Keep proper record of requests approvals work plans budgets other documents and make sure
They are not wasted
- Follow up of M16 Forms and allotments checks and communicating information between
Project office and MOF.
- Coordinating with Finance Unit of MOPH to facilitate all the financial issues to be in
Accordance with MoF policy and procedures
- Prepare financial report of expenses with available supporting documents for verification and
- provide monthly financial expense report to the Project Manager ,General Directorate of
Curative Medicine, Directorate of Policy and Plan and Strategic Management of MOPH.
- Certify disbursement documents for i.e. payment/transfer to supplier service providers and
Proper follow up to make sure that the payment/transfer happing timely
- Cooperating with Finance/Economy Assistants and Senior Finance Managers in all financial
Issues and activities.
- Check the vouchers against Financial Plan and Operational Plan & in case of any mistake
Prepare and timely submit financial report to MOPH and ICU Project Management.
- Project budget account is managed
- Operational strategies are implemented
- Management of project budget is assisted
- Project cash is managed
- On time financial reporting
- Knowledge building facilitation and knowledge sharing culture is established
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Good knowledge of accounting Standards.
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage
- transactions, conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery;
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change;
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, knowledge of Atlas would be an advantage.
- Management and Leadership
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds
- positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Bachelor degree in the field of Business Administration Economic and or Commerce or Certified
- Accountant Technician ( CAT ) and verified by British counsel with 6 years’ experience in a
- relevant area such as finance, accounting, business administration, economics, audit, management
- And/or related field.
- Proven experience of Afghanistan financial system and working with the Government of
- Afghanistan will be an asset;
- Strong knowledge and understanding sub-national institutional contexts of Afghanistan.
Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English is required for the post.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
Main point of TOR.
ACCA financial Standard
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org