Senior Procurement Specialist
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Post Title: Senior Procurement Specialist
Vacancy Number: Sen/Procu/Sp/ICU
Organization: ICU Project/GDCM/MoPH
Duty station: MoPH
No of Post: 1
Announced Date: 2019/10/23
Expire Date: 2019/11/07
Job Profile Description:
The Ministry of Public Health is committed to improve the quality of hospital services at provincial and central level. The implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) in 56% of provincial and regional hospitals is considerable progress against this commitment. Recently the MoPH received fund from GoA to improve the quality of services in ICU and CCU of Kabul hospitals in order to provide timely and comprehensive emergency care. For smooth implementation of ICU project MoPH is looking for an experienced candidate as Procurement Assistant.
- Responsible for all procurement and operational related issue of the ICU including procedures, and processing, not limited to only one donor agency.
- Develop, update and implement approved procurement plan for all ICU project department(ICU ,Emergencies wards and Hospital) And SSHC project.
- Provide reports and advice to contribute to decision making and directions in procurement
- Conduct all purchases in compliance with the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and Donor Procurement laws and ensure proper documentation and processing.
- Coordinate procurement activities with all relevant departments within the MoPH.
- Communicate with donor agencies and get no objection letter/memo for procurement of Good, Services and or Construction
- Participate at internal and external procurement meetings and workshops.
- Work in close coordination with the ICU technical, administration and finance teams and promote the team work aspiration.
- Delivering procurement advice to local authority clients during project delivery, including but not limited to development of business cases, procurement strategy, evaluation criteria, tender documentation.
- Providing advice on compliance with Public Contracts Regulations and legislative requirements during the course of project delivery Delivering technical work associated with project delivery, including but not limited to development of service specifications, method statements, pricing schedules, evaluation of bids
- Supporting with the management of supplier relationship and negotiations on behalf of local authority clients Report writing and presentation of results and recommendations
- Developing bids for new projects and actively undertaking business development in order to further grow the procurement work stream
- Internal management and coordination of project teams to include Planning and assigning responsibilities for project staff Ensuring timely input is received from project staff and Liaison with Project Director.
- Managing deadlines/deliverables
- Ensuring project documents are complete.
- Regular financial project reporting including analyzing variation from project budget and initiating corrective actions
- Any other related duty assigns by the ICU Manager.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Bachelor degree in Economics/BBA
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in procurement management
- Be familiar with government procurement Law and Procedures.
- Demonstrated and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, implement and organize complex activities related to procurement.
- Ability to manage complex activities simultaneously and within set deadlines
- Excellent written, Speaking and reading skills of Dari, Pashtu and English languages required.
- Be able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel), email and able to easily navigate Internet.
- Ability to travel to all Provinces in Afghanistan.
- Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
Main point of TOR.
قانون و طرزالعمل تدارکات
Submission Email: email@example.com