Hospital Technical Consultant /Ghor /Zabul
Ministry of Public Health
The Ministry of Public Health is committed to improve the quality of hospital services through the implementation of the Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) the EPHS will complement the Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) and establish an effective referral system. Currently MoPH has been implementing EPHS in two regional and eight provincial hospitals through Hospital Reform Project. For providing technical and management assistance to EPHS smooth implementation. Hospital Reform Project is looking for an experienced candidates as hospital technical consultant.
Title of position: Hospital Technical Consultant /Ghor /Zabul
Vacancy No: Hospital Technical Consultant /Ghor /Zabul
Number of position: 2
Duty Station: Ghor /Zabul Hospital
Report to: Hospital Reform Project Coordinator
Support Provincial / Regional Hospital to implement successfully the reform and the Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS), build the capacity of key Hospital management and service delivery staff; provide technical support in the process of hospital reform as well as development and implementation of hospital standards.
- To introduce the EPHS and hospital reform managerial procedures, role and regulation to the nominated hospital management and service delivery staff
- Assist the hospital management team for developing of hospital plans (operation, strategic and capacity building) and make sure its implementation
- Provide technical support to the hospital management team on performing of the baseline and follow up assessments as well as support them to develop action plan according to existing gap.
- To conduct managerial training for hospital management team at least one per quarter
- To assist medical director for developing and preparing of drugs and medical equipment list and specification
- To develop checklist for hospital internal supervision / wards round visit, find gaps and propose possible solutions to hospital management team
- Assist / Facilitate Quality Improvement Committees (QICs) on making action plan, regular meeting, follow up assessments and mentoring
- To evaluate the third party result of hospital, find out weak points of technical units and develop plan for improvement
- Support the hospital management team in problem solving and decision making.
- Support the hospital management team on conducting hospital community board meeting, weekly management meeting, and technical meetings and proceed minute.
- Assist hospital management team to prepare hospital monthly HMIS , quarterly and annual reports and submit it to HRP relevant units
- Provide technical support to hospital management team to actively attend the HRP coordination and annual planning meetings
- Provide technical support to the management team in the process of staff appraisal, inspection of medical equipment’s, medicines and renewables
- Perform any other task given by central reform office
- Medical Doctor Degree from a recognized University ( Medical Doctor have Master of Public Health is preferable)
- Five years working experience in public health management particularly in hospital management
- Having knowledge and skills of conducting training sessions and on the job training
- Computer literate: Excellent knowledge in MS Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of English in written and spoken
- Excellent negotiating and communicating skills
- Good team player
Output Indicators over to next 12 months:
- Annual hospital operational plan developed and at least 80% implemented
- Four management training sessions have been conducted
- Four Quarterly, 12 monthly HMIS reports are prepared and submitted to the HRP
- At least 80% of weekly hospital management meetings have been conducted and minutes are available
- One internal assessment and a external assessment of hospital carried out by his / her active participation
- Two HRP meetings (annual and coordination) attended
- All technical staff appraisal completed and document is recorded
- Third party result weak points highlighted and improvement plan developed
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
- وقایه انتان
- استراتیژی وزارت صحت عامه
Submission Email: email@example.com