Hygiene and Sanitation Promotion Manager
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Vacancy Number: ( )
Post Title: Hygiene and Sanitation Promotion Manager
Organization: Health Promotion Dept. / Afghanistan National Public Health Institute
Location: Kabul (Frequently travelling to the target provinces)
Duration: One year with possibility for extension
No. of Posts: One
Salary: Developing Budget
NTA Grade: Grade C
Announcement Date: (2019/03/06)
Closing Date: (2019/03/14)
About Ministry of Public Health: Ministry of Public Health has the overall vision of “All citizens reach their full potential in health contributing to peace, stability and sustainable development in Afghanistan”. The Afghanistan health system has made considerable progress and the health indicators have also significantly improved over the period of 2002-2018. The key enablers for the improvements have seen in the health sector are strong local stewardship, development of sound and stable policy frameworks, prioritization of investments in primary care and implementation of BPHS and EPHS.
MoPH is working with sector ministries/ organizations of the government and developing partners to ensure access to clean drinking water, safe sanitation and adoption of proper hygiene behaviours among all Afghan people. The global sustainable development goals also call for universal access to water and sanitation.
Poor sanitation and hygiene is a cross-cutting health concern in Afghanistan. Inadequate quantities and quality of drinking water, lack of sanitation facilities and poor hygiene cause millions of deaths each year throughout the country. Nevertheless, access to safe drinking water, improved sanitation and good hygiene practices could save lives of many children, decline the dropout rate of children from schools, improve economic and social life of people and communities.
Hygiene and Sanitation Promotion Program (HSPP) using community dialogue approach is a set of interventions using multiple communication approaches and channels at community level to increase awareness and knowledge of improved hygiene as well as foster positive hygiene and sanitation behaviours and practices that will lead to health and well-being of the Afghan population.
The HSPP is implemented through learning by doing which will give time for adaptation or dropping of an intervention in favor of more efficient and effective alternatives. It is recommended to involve communities and frontline personnel to allow generation of a wider range of experiences and lessons learnt, and identify priority areas to strengthen evidence based response.
Scope of work
Under overall supervision of director of Health Promotion/ ANPHI of Ministry of Public Health, the Hygiene and Sanitation Promotion Manager will be responsible for designing, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of hygiene and sanitation promotion programs at various levels.
- Overall day-to-day management and coordination of hygiene and sanitation promotion programs/ interventions particularly Community Dialogue Program at central and provincial levels;
- Develop operational and implementation plans for hygiene and sanitation promotion programs/ interventions;
- Support planning and conducting hygiene and sanitation promotion workshops and trainings;
- Assist in developing technical documents related to hygiene and sanitation promotion e.g. guidelines, manuals, strategies, advocacy packages;
- Contribute in developing policies, procedures, and protocols related to hygiene and sanitation promotion;
- Assist in designing surveys/ studies concerning knowledge, attitude and practice of hygiene and sanitation promotion behaviors;
- Assist in managing/ conducting hygiene and sanitation advocacy events such as Global Handwashing Day, SACOSAN, AFCOSAN …;
- Facilitate coordination and technical working group meetings, workshops, events incl. monthly Hygiene Technical Working Group;
- Prepare technical reports and presentations of hygiene and sanitation promotion programs including Community Dialogue Program;
- Any other assignment given by the supervisor;
Qualifications and experience:
- Having Bachelor degree in medicine or public health or engineering from a recognized university;
- At least two years of professional work experience in any discipline of public health;
- Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari languages is must;
- Must have good command of computer skills;
- Should have excellent report writing skills;
- Should be able to travel inside or outside Afghanistan.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1) In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2) Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/ Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/ interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
- Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
- Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
- Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
- Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
- Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
- Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
- Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
- The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: +93 (0) 707777734.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai) for confirmation.
- No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
- Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
- Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be shortlisted.
- Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
- National Hygiene Promotion Strategy
- Hygiene and Sanitation Handbook
- Behaviour Change Communication/ Interpersonal Communication and Counseling (BCC/ IPCC) Manuals;
- Implementation guideline of community dialogue program;
- فشرده کتاب مبادی مدیریت امور صحی
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org