ICU Ward In-Charge (Kandahar)
Kandahar - afghanistan
Vacancy Number: ICU Ward In-Charge (Kandahar)
Post Tittle: ICU Ward In-Charge (Kandahar)
Organizational: MoPH/GDCM/ICU Project
Duty Station: ICU Ward of Kandahar Aino Mena Hospital
Duration: 1 Year (Extendable)
No of Post: 1
Salary: As per the project salary range
The ICU Ward In-Charge is responsible for overall management of ICU ward technical activities including managing of ICU Staff, administrative activities, and technical in-service and off service training of staff.
- Ensure proper provision of services for the patients and in the areas outlined above according to service need.
- To provide and to assist with the delivery of care to patients with critical illness
- To support continuity of selective & emergency services during period of Specialist of leave.
- To support the services out of-hours through participation in duty outside normal hours.
- To undertake professional development activities, audit and engage in performance appraisal.
- The post-holder will be encouraged and supported to develop specialist areas of practice in line with service requirements
- The post-holder will be responsible to lead ICU Specialist doctor in treatment care.
- The post-holder is responsible to attend and perform official duty and prohibited to undertake private clinical duties during official time.
- ICU in charge is responsible for training of current and newly hiring staff.
- Develop treatment protocols for ICU cases.
- Develop procedure protocols take place in the ICU ward.
- Manage all administrative activities.
- Attend relevant meeting as required.
- Provide weekly, monthly and yearly reports to ICU Project Coordinator as required
- Any other duties assigned by hospital in charge or ICU project Coordinator as required.
Report to: ICU project Coordinator/ hospital in charge
Subordinates: ICU ward doctors, nurses and Support staff
Qualifications & Requirement:
- MD degree from recognized university attested by MoHE
- Must be Specialist in Internal Medicine or general surgery attested by MoPH
- Two years’ experience in the field of health care management.
- Having Administrative and Technical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English Language (written and spoken)
- Good Team player
- Strong Communication Skills
- Good Computer skill (MS Office)
- Ability to use internet/ search websites.
- Skill for Drafting and developing of Treatment Guidelines
- Ability to work under pressure and perform multiple tasks
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items
is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail or
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Public Health Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is:, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification