ICU Specialist Doctor (Kandahar)
Kandahar - afghanistan
Vacancy Number: ICU Specialist Doctor (Kandahar)
Post Title: ICU Specialist Doctor (Kandahar)
Organization: MoPH/GDCM/ICU Project
Duty station: ICU Ward of Kandahar Aino Mena Hospital
Duration: 1 Year (Extendable)
No. of Post: 9
Salary: As per the project salary range
Responsibilities of ICU Specialist includes but not limited to regular check-up of admitted patients and completion of its history, physical examination, laboratory investigation management and treatment, participation in in-service training and training of new employees and trainees.
- History taking and completion of related documentations for admitted patients.
- Perform complete physical examination of patients as per their need.
- Advice, completion and accurate interpretation of laboratory, radiology and other exams according to patient’ needs and relevant guidelines and forms.
- Conduct regular patient visit as needed and instructed by ICU Unit In-charge.
- Make accurate diagnosis of patient’s illnesses in consideration to history, physical exam and laboratory exam findings.
- Advice and manage treatment of admitted patients as per diagnosis and patient’s needs.
- Ensure that the ICU procedures are applied for patients.
- Counseling, managing and follow up of critically ill patients and their relatives according to patient health status.
- Assist in data collection according to data collection method and tools.
- Participate actively in the training of new employees and trainees.
- Follow up of specific standards, protocols, procedures, rules in regulations during daily works.
- Built his/her self own capacity and participate in training session assigned for.
- Provide preventive and primitive counseling in ICU Unit to the patients and clients
- Attend Night shift duty when assigned.
- Participate actively in the infection prevention of ICU Unit and hospital.
- Perform other related tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Reporting to ICU Unit In-charge.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Must be Afghan
- Medical Degree attested by MoHE
- Specialization degree in general surgery, general medicine or anesthesiology (Anesthetist and physician is preferable) attested by MoPH or MoHE.
- Strong communication skill.
- Good interaction and pleasant behavior with patients, clients and colleagues.
- Very good knowledge of Pashto, Dari and English Language (written and spoken).
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items
is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail or
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Public Health Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is:, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification