RMNCAH Information Management Advisor
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Policy & Planning
Position: RMNCAH Information Management Advisor
A Date: 27/2/2020
C Date: 11/3/2020
According to the National Health Strategic Plan, the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) keeps its stewardship role of the health system in Afghanistan. In order to fulfill the responsibility, the MoPH has an obligation to monitor and evaluate its programs and their impact to make evidence-based decisions.
The vision of the health information system is that "decisions are made based on evidence for quality health outcomes"; while, the mission is "to provide integrated, timely, valid, reliable health information for evidence-based decision making to cultivate the culture of accountability in health
sector and to promote the health of the nation". In accordance to the HIS Strategic Plan 2015-2020, the HIS General Directorate ensures collection and utilization of relevant, timely, accurate, user-friendly and accessible evidence and information on performance of the health care services and other related activities. In doing so, five key departments that operate under the Health Information System (HIS) General Directorate; namely Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Health Management Information system (HMIS), Surveillance, and Vital Statistics will pursue the same mandate.
Objective and reporting:
The RMNCH Information Management Advisor is aimed to work toward institutionalization of the RMNCH data management system at both provincial and central levels. In addition, the position is aimed at strengthening the compilation and utilization of RMNCH related information generated by EHIS different departments and third party including surveys. The RMNCH Information Management advisor will be reporting to the EHIS general director.
- Maintain and update the RMNCH score card based on routine health information and third party verification reports and review scorecard nationally to develop action plan.
- Provide technical support to the RMNCH Directorate in further developing and analyzing the RMNCH score card and related data /information to ensure appropriate reproductive health (RH) indicators monitoring, tracking and regular reviewing for identifying gaps.
- Build the capacity, mentor and coach of the provincial and central teams on maintaining, utilizing and using the RMNCH score card for decision-making.
- Presentation and dissemination of the score card results at the central and provincial level.
- Coordinate with Reproductive Health Department and HIS related departments in generation and utilization of score card information
- Support conduction of quarterly reviews in provincial level and write narrative reports on RMNCH score card information on quarterly bases.
- Conduct HMIS data analysis for reproductive health related purposes
- Provide feedback on reproductive health related indicators to central and provincial levels
- Attend the RMNCH task force meeting
- Attend the RMNCH Coordination Committee meetings
- Participate in the EHIS Advisory Board meeting
- Support on design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data collection such as needs assessments, KAP surveys using recognized methods of data collection.
- Work with partners to develop and standardize survey tools and other data collection forms for monitoring programmes.
- Develop and maintain program performance dashboards and run analysis on key questions to inform program and organizational decision-making per the request of management.
- Coordinate with NEPI related departments in generation and utilization of data, research and monitoring information.
- Prepare reports, abstracts, and presentations, with emphasis on RMNCH using data
- Strength health information system in the country by capacity and skill transfer to the national and provincial level.
- Strength and support RMNCAH and balance scorecard, DHIS2 and HMIS system and new innovations
- Support Health Promotion Department for dissemination of IMNCI KAP findings, community dialogue baseline and end line assessments
- Support RMNCAHD for MCH -HB project data management, monitoring, evaluation, and yearly reviews.
- Any other
Having MD degree or bachelor in public health or midwifery
Having fluency in written and spoken English and local languages
Extensive knowledge in the fields of HMIS, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
- National Health Strategy of MOPH
- USAID measure evaluation
Submission Email: email@example.com