Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Post Title: Radiologist
Organization: National Cancer Control Program/GDCM/MoPH
Location: Oncology Ward, Jumhuryat Hospital, Kabul
Duration 12 Months (Extendable)
Reporting To: NCCP Coordinator
No. of Post: 1
Announcing Date: 2022 / 02 /24
The Ministry of Public Health is committed to providing high quality healthcare services to Afghans. Considering the increasing incidence of various types of cancers among Afghans and non-existence of a comprehensive cancer centre, MoPH decided to deliver cancer healthcare services to cancer patients through establishing a cancer department. Based on WHO estimates, nearly 20,000 Afghans suffer from various types of cancers each year while more than 15,000 die every year. The most common types of cancers are that of breast, oesophagus, stomach, lip/oral, cervical and lung.
The newly established 20-bed cancer department currently located in Jumhuriat hospital has surgical and medical oncology units providing diagnostic, therapeutic, and palliative care services for cancer patients. The department has an inpatient (IPD) and an outpatient unit.
Purpose of Assignment
The objective of the assignment is to perform radiological/imaging procedures including CT scan, MRI, ultrasound and X-Ray/Mammography and interpret the report of them.
As a radiologist, you'll be responsible for reporting most imaging procedures and will also perform many of the interventional procedures. You'll work closely as part of a multidisciplinary team that includes radiographers, other doctors and medical staff from a range of specialties and will provide expert guidance and advice.
Radiologists are medically qualified doctors specialising in the investigation and diagnosis of a range of clinical conditions and diseases, using a variety of imaging techniques such as:
- Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
The main duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Use images to diagnose, treat and manage a variety of medical conditions and diseases
- Offer specialist expertise and guidance to other doctors and staff from a range of medical specialties
- Liaise with other medical and non-medical staff in hospital settings to ensure quality treatment
- Examine patient anatomy, pathology, clinical history and previous imaging
- select appropriate radiology techniques for patient diagnosis
- Assess and support patients through various diagnostic and interventional radiology procedures
- Undertake minimally invasive techniques to guide and direct a variety of interventional treatments throughout the body
- Manage the health and safety of your patients and the radiology team by minimizing radiation exposure
- Write up imaging reports and report on cases to multidisciplinary team meetings
- Do the core needle biopsy and all others biopsies
- Carry out teaching of junior staff, auditing and research.
- Follow the medical ethics in even overload cases too.
- Perform other related tasks assigned by the supervisor(s)
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Medical Doctor
- Specialty or Master Degree or PhD in Radiology
- At least three years of work experience in Radiology department
- Very good knowledge of English (Written and Spoken)
- Reporting skill
- Strong communication skills
- Good interaction and pleasant behavior with patients, clients and colleagues
- Good computer (Ms. Office) skills
- Pre and post-surgery evaluation reports
- Monthly report of patients
- Core Needle Biopsy and other procedures
- Regular analysis of ST Scan Reports
- Do the ST Scan, Pet Scan, Mammography or others for Cancer patients
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is:, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification
Submission Emails: email@example.com