Social worker (male/Female)
Ministry of Public Health
DG of Preventive Medicine
Afghanistan National Program for Control of AIDs, STI & Hepatitis
Terms of reference of Social worker (Male/Female)
Background: Afghanistan is experiencing a low and concentrated HIV epidemic and among the countries in Central and South Asia that are confronted with a growing risk of HIV and AIDS, mainly due to the high incidence of people who inject drug. HIV prevalence is 4.4 % in People Who Inject Drug (PWID).
The first HIV case was reported in 1989 in Afghanistan and the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) has taken important steps in addressing the epidemic. The Afghanistan National Program for Control of AIDs,STI & Hepatitis (ANPASH) was established in 2003 under the leadership of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).
Under the leadership of ANPASH Ministry of Public Health the country is implementing National Strategic Plan (NSP-III) 2016-2020 in collaboration with several national and international agencies. The country has multi-sectorial approach to control the spread of HIV with specific interventions for key affected population, vulnerable papulation and general papulation.
Until December 2017 a total of 2522 HIV cases have been registered with the national AIDS Program, While the World Health Organization and UNAIDS have estimated this number 7,500 in the county.
Title: Social worker (male/Female)
Contract Duration: Tow year
Announced Date: 26 Fab, 2020
10 March , 2020
Appointment procedure: The selection has to be through competitive process
Role and responsibilities:
- To provide information and materials to PWIDs in their catchment areas
- To provide adequate and appropriate number of needles and syringes (Harm Reduction kits) to clients in outreach and DIC
- To support outreach peer worker for handling outreach actives
- To record issues, problems and challenges faced by clients in the field through outreach
- To fill and update all job related forms and records as well as provision of monthly report with other team members
- To identify and report immediately any problems that may interfere in achieving program objectives
- To follow and implement Outreach Team leader advises and orders
- Provision of educational and informational session to the drug users and general population
- Provision of counselling if need and other social services to the clients
- To create or/ establish a well-coordinated and cooperative network with local communities, police and security workers
- Prepare monthly activities report to his/her line manager
Perform other related activities assigned by his line manager
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Graduated from 12 Grade or bachelor degree in social science be an advantage.
- At least two years’ experience of related in the related field
- Ability to work pleasantly with high risk groups specially with People Who Inject Drug
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work with a positive interdisciplinary team approach
- Ability to interact with other professionals.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references